Islington Floor Sanding & Parquet Floor Restoration - N1
We are reliable and reputable wood floor sanding and restoration specialists in Islington. Our experienced professionals have all the skills and craftsmanship to bring your solid wood, engineered wood, or parquet floor back to life. We value our clients the most and we strive to achieve results that will delight them.
Dust-free floor sanding and restoration services in Islington
Thanks to years of hard work, dedication, and commitment to success with every wood floor sanding service we undertake in Islington, we can now enjoy the reputation of a leading company in the industry. No matter if it comes to residential or commercial wood floor restoration and sanding projects, we have all the skills, knowledge, and experience to provide you with the finest results.
Our wood floor sanding services in Islington
One of the best advantages of hiring our company for your Islington project is that all services we offer come with a completely free on-site inspection of the floor and quotation. We are happy to provide you with professional consultation and recommendations on the best products and materials to be used.
Whenever you choose to hire our team of sanding specialists, you are choosing the highest standard of work, time-saving manner of work, attention to details, and a respectful and friendly attitude. Along with our helpful customer service team, our sanding professionals strive to provide you with a great overall experience in Islington. All the services we deliver are completely insured and come with a guarantee.
We are not limited in the professional services for wood floors we offer. Every job is considered, but here is a general list of what we offer:
- Floor sanding of solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet.
- Floor repairs including spot repairs and replacement of floorboards, repairs of water and moisture damages, etc.
- Gap filling
- Floor sealing
- Wood floor re-oiling and recoating
- Wood floor staining – you can choose from a wide range of colours and shades we offer and supply from leading manufacturers worldwide, plus we provide a number of samples to make taking a decision easier for you.
- Soundproofing floorboards and ensuring better and more efficient insulation.
- Supply reclaimed hardwood and parquet floorboards as an eco- and budget-friendly option for spot repairs and replacing distressed floorboards.
- Floorboards repair and replacement
- We are trustworthy and reliable suppliers of solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet flooring and varying grades from prime to rustic.
- Wood floor buffing
- Supply and replacement of wood floor accessories including mouldings, skirting boards, beading, etc.
- You can get an additional 10% discount for professional maintenance and polish of wooden floors previously fitted by us!
Wooden floors are truly a valuable and beautiful feature for every home and working space. They have the ability to transform every space and make it look and feel cosier, more elegant. Especially when it comes to your business, a wooden floor at the office, when maintained in great condition, can create an unbeatable inviting atmosphere. Make sure to get in touch with us and let’s start improving your wooden floor in Islington.
Whenever you hire our company to work on your Islington project, you are getting way more than a smooth and shiny wooden floor. You will be able to enjoy the whole experience with us as we prioritise your comfort, ensure minimal disruption, and have a lot of respect for your requirements and desires.
A list of the wood floor finishes available with our wood floor refinishing service:
Contact us Today for a Free Quotation
- Bona Mega Lacquer – water-based and quick-drying, a great choice for domestic setting and places where high traffic is not an issue, available in extra matt, matt, satin, and gloss, also available in a natural look.
- Bona Traffic HD Lacquer – water-based, quick-drying, high durability and hard-wearing power, a great solution for high traffic and commercial areas, available in matt and satin, available in a natural look and anti-slip option.
- Junckers Strong Lacquer – water-based, quick-drying, great option for domestic use and commercial areas where high traffic is not an issue, available in matt, satin, and gloss.
- Junckers HP Commercial Lacquer – water-based, quick-drying, high durability and hard-wearing power, a great solution for high traffic and commercial areas, available in matt, satin, and gloss.
- Junckers HP Professional 625 Lacquer – solvent-based, slower drying, extremely durable and hard-wearing, great for domestic and commercial use, available in matt, satin, and gloss, strong odour.
- Rustins Polyurethane Sealer Lacquer – solvent-based, slower drying, extremely durable and hard-wearing, great for domestic and commercial use, available in satin and high gloss, strong odour.
What Our Clients from Islington Say About Us
“I was very happy with the service, very friendly and polite.”
Mr. R. Smith, from Islington, N1
Neat finish. Great improvement from what was there!
Ms. F. Jones, from Islington, N2
Fantastic job - Thank you so much!
B. Griffin, from Islington, N1 1EJ
Looks great. Thank you.
Mrs. C. Sutherland, from Islington, N1 8AX
Excellent. Very detailed, thorough, clear etc.
Mr. N. Watson, from Islington, N1 4QD
Brilliant service, great guys to work with. Fab job
Mr. J. Willson, from Islington, N1 1LA
Floor looks great. Thanks
Mr. D. Jefferson, from Islington, N1 1LR
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Local Project: Parquet Sanding, Lacquering and Gap Filling in Islington
What was the job?
Every wooden floor requires regular maintenance in order to look and feel amazing and durable for many decades. Part of a good and thorough maintenance routine is parquet floor sanding and refinishing. These are the professional treatments that not only improve the appearance of a parquet floor but mostly target surface imperfections and issues, removing them and leaving the surface smooth, durable and well-protected. Our main goal for this recent parquet floor project we have undertaken was exactly that – better look, improved durability and better protection for the beautiful floor.
Every parquet flooring project comes with one main challenge – there is always the risk of sanding against the grain of the wooden blocks, which will lead to wear and tear of the floor too soon and can, overall, damage the floor. Therefore, parquet floor sanding and refinishing should always be left in the hands of experienced and reliable professionals. We know how to treat parquet wooden blocks while sanding them with the grain, which is the right way. In addition, we work with a wide variety of sanding equipment that allows us to achieve a perfectly smooth surface, free of all imperfections and issues.
What we did?
We have started this project by inspecting the condition of the parquet floor. This gives us the opportunity to find out if there are some repairs that must be treated immediately and before the sanding step of the project. Thankfully, there were no major issues to deal with. Gap filling was the only treatment required before sanding and refinishing the parquet blocks. Gap filling is pretty much what the name suggests – the gaps between the wooden blocks are filled with a mixture of resin and sawdust.
Gaps appear between two neighbouring parquet blocks or floorboards over time due to high traffic and the impact of moisture, temperature fluctuations. While gaps are nothing to be too worried about, they still require to be filled every now and then in order to improve the floor’s stability, durability and insulation abilities. Once the gaps are filled, we continued with sanding the surface of the floor until the old finish and all surface imperfections were removed and then we finished things up with the application of a couple of layers of high-quality and extra protective lacquer finish.
The bottom line
When it comes to parquet flooring and sanding it, you definitely need professional help. Sanding a parquet floor is certainly not suitable for a DIY project. If the sanding machine is left in inexperienced hands, this poses the risk of sanding against the grain of the wooden blocks that are fitted in complex patterns unlike the straight lines of classic solid wood or engineered wood floor. In order to achieve the best results possible and ensure your parquet floor will serve you for many more decades, always make sure to contact your reliable and experienced local flooring team.