Terms & Conditions
- “The Company”, “We”, “Us” is in regards to FlooringFirst! Services and FlooringFirst! Services' website.
- “Floor Fitter”, “Floorman”, “Operator”, “Contractor”, “Floor Sander” is in regards to the person or group of people carrying out wood floor restoration, repair, renovation, sanding, refinishing, and maintenance services.
- “Client” is in regards to the person, people, company, or corporate body to whom the services are delivered and supplied by FlooringFirst! Services.
- “Client’s Address” is in regards to any given address which the service has been booked for.
- “Service” includes all wood floor services carried out by FlooringFirst! Services.
- The Terms and Conditions on this page represent a contract between FlooringFirst! Services and the Client. By using the website and booking services provided by FlooringFirst! Services the Client agrees to the Terms and Conditions of the Company. The Client has the responsibility to inform themselves about the Terms and Conditions announced by the Company.
- The Company and the Client should ensure their respective responsibilities are undertaken under this agreement in compliance with all statutory regulations and codes of conduct.
- These Terms and Conditions prevail over any other Terms of Business and Purchase Conditions put forward by the Client unless otherwise agreed in a written form by a director of the Company.
- Unless otherwise agreed in a written form by a director of the Company, no other alteration or variation of these Terms and Conditions is valid.
- The Company uses metric measurements or national average room sizes whenever the Company is calculating quotations over the phone or any other type of distant communication.
- Wood floor restoration and sanding services are charged by square meter. The company also takes into account the condition of the floor/subfloor. The Client must acknowledge the fact that some flooring materials and details may require more time and resources than the average wood floor restoration. As a result, the Company reserves the right to charge at a tailored (higher) rate compared to the rates announced on the website and other advertising materials.
- The Company reserves the right to change the initial quotation if the original requirements of the Client change too.
- The Client must be aware that differences in measurements of actual size and the ones quoted are allowed with an excess of 5% and these will be discussed with the Client before the start of any service. A new quotation will be provided if required to cover all differences.
- After inspection of the floor by the Company, all quotations will be confirmed in a written form, unless otherwise agreed with the Client.
- The Company reserves the right to amend quotation not booked within 60 days of provision.
- All written quotations provided by the Company include a reference to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Company.
All prices of services and goods announced by the Company on the website or other advertising materials are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise specified.
- The Company should provide all materials, products, supplies, maintenance and restoration equipment required to carry out a wood floor restoration, repair, sanding, refinishing, and maintenance services. Exceptions may occur if otherwise agreed with the Client.
- The Client must ensure to provide running water and electricity at all premises where the service is delivered and performed.
Payments, Surcharges, Late Payments
- Immediate payment on the completion of works is required unless otherwise agreed by the Company in a written form. Payments are accepted in cash, cheque, bank transfer, by debit or credit card. If a cheque is the payment method of choice, cheques should be made payable to FlooringFirst! Services.
- Tipping is not mandatory or required but it is always greatly appreciated.
- The Company reserves the right of charging an interest rate on invoiced amounts unpaid for more than 30 days. The interest rate is at 8% per annum above the Bank of England base rate. The interest rate will be start charged from the due date until the date of actual payment under the Late Payments Act.
- The Company reserves the right to register any payments not received within the maximum of 30 days (for Businesses) and 14 days (for residential clients) for collection by CCJ.
- The Client must be aware that additional charges involving the registration for collection by CCJ include: relevant current court fees, 150 British pounds of legal admin fee, an interesting claim at a rate at 6.3.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any contract and back charge for completed services to adjust the balance according to start rates in case of false or misleading information provided by the Client results in discounts of services.
- The rates of payments by FlooringFirst! Services should stay as agreed on the written quotation provided by the Company to the Client or their representative. Unless it is not agreed between the Company and the Client, the Client is not able to make any reductions or retentions from the invoice.
- Payments for materials and products are required at the time of booking the service. The Client must be aware that stock is only released on cleared funds. The Company should apply any current discounts and offers on the final invoice. Availability of products and materials is a subject of current stock. The Client is recommended to pre-book flooring materials and products in advance.
- The Client is allowed to cancel the scheduled service but prior notice of at least one day before the delivery of service is required.
- The Company has the right of application of an amendment fee of 140.00 British pounds in case the notice is provided by the Client on the same scheduled day of providing the service.
- If the Company’s contractors arrive at the Client’s address and are unable to access the address, this is not assumed to be a fault of the Company. The Client provides keys for allowing access to the address, the Client must make sure that all keys can open all locks without any efforts or additional skills.
- The Client can make a change of the day and time of their booking and the Company will do its best to accommodate the request free of charge in case the change is not made in the same day of providing the scheduled flooring service.
- If the Client decided to cancel an already ongoing service without being approved by the Company, the Company reserves the right to charge the full rate of the service.
- Once the service is carried on by the Company, no refund claims will be accepted by the Company unless the claim is considered as an approved one.
- Refund claims are accepted and refunds will be issued only if the Company or a contractor of the Company is not able to carry out the works due to reasons beyond the Client’s responsibility.
- Requests for refunds will be considered for granting after following the procedure for filling in a complaint.
- The company assume that all flooring services delivered a meeting the Client’s expectations unless the Company receives a written note with details of a complaint
- All complaints should be in written form and received by the Company by post, email, or fax no later than 48 hours after the completion of the service.
- The Company should fully investigate any complaint. The Company should attempt to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of the Client.
- The Client should allow the Company to return and redo the disputed issue (or issues). The Client should not look for alternative methods for resolving the issues in case the Client wants the Company to return and redo the issues. The Client should not look for alternative ways of resolving the issues before requesting proceedings from the Company towards refunds and compensations.
Claims and Loses
- The Company’s Public Liability Insurance covers damages that are caused by a contractor working on behalf of the Company.
- The Company may require entry to the location of the claim within 24 hours to correct the problem and redo the issue.
- The Client must be aware that accidents may happen although all Company’s contractors and operatives do their best to not break or disturb items. Identical replacement of the broken or disrupted item will be attempted but it is not guaranteed. The Company recommends all Clients to store away all irreplaceable and valuable items if possible.
- The Company will repair the item at its cost in case of damage at the Client’s property. In case the item cannot be repaired, the Company should credit the Client with the item’s current cash value like a replacement upon payment of the services rendered.
- The Company is not liable under any circumstances for any loss, delay, damage, or compensation which may be incurred by the Client arising from or in any way connected with:
- The failure to carry out service due to factors that are beyond the Company’s control, including severe weather conditions, floods, inability to gain access to premises, lack of appropriate resources (water, electricity, lighting).
- The late arrival of the Company’s contractors at the service addresses due to transport-related and other issues which are beyond the Company’s control.
- Existing damage to the Client’s property including all stains, burns, spillages, etc. which cannot be cleaned or removed completely or partially by the contractors with the usage of standardized industry methods.
- The Company is not liable for non-satisfactory results from service if the Client, or a third party, or a pet walk of recently sealed floors.
- The Company is not liable for damages worth 50 British pounds or less.
- The Company is not liable for accidental punches or nailing downs of water and gas pipes that are not installed accordingly to the national regulations for piping. The Company should make sure the Client is verbally informed of this. A written confirmation before carrying on with the service will be required and any issues arising will be a responsibility of the Client.
- The Company is not liable for any poor results of wood floor restoration and maintenance services if the flooring is a subject of greater wear and tear and excessive damage beyond repair.
- The Company is not liable for any odours arising during and after the service due to factors such as poor or lack of ventilation and appropriate heating.
- The Company s not liable for any damage caused by the relocation of furniture back in the room with the floor treated by the Client earlier than 12 hours of the application of the last coat of finishing/sealing product or floor stain.
- To ensure quality control, the Company records all incoming and outgoing phone conversations. In case of any inquiries and investigations the records are kept and a subject of back-referral.
- The Client will be charged 10.00 British pounds if the Client requests the Company to collect keys from an address outside of the Client’s postal address. This charge covers only the pickup of keys and if the keys need to be returned to the pickup address the Client will be charged again with 10 British pounds.
- If the Client is provided with an estimate of how long it will take for the work to be finished, the Client must be aware that the estimates are based on the average time it takes for such services to be delivered and finished from the previous experience of the Company of similar size to the Client’s floor. Estimating precisely is difficult due to specific obstacles and a degree of flexibility is required.
- The Client must acknowledge that the quotation price is not a “package deal” and does not include anything else apart from all services quoted.
- The quotation does not include cleaning of debris unless otherwise stated.
- Our contractors are always happy to help and move furniture and due to Health and Safety regulations, they will attempt to move on their own decision.
- The Company should arrange an immediate replacement in case of a contractor not being able to attend a scheduled visit and the Client will be informed before the visit.
- All valuable, breakable and fragile items should be removed and stored away before the service being carried out.
- The Client or their representative should supervise the property at all times during work. The Company is not liable for any failure of the Client to do so.
- The provisions of the contract are not intended to confer any benefit upon Third parties that are excluded from this agreement.
- The Company reserves the right to many any changes of the Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes apply to new business but not to existing contracts.
Service Guarantee – Obligations and Limitations
- The Company’s Service Guarantee comes with a free on-site inspection and evaluation of a floor’s condition following a complaint raised after a service is carried out and finished. The Client must be aware that sometimes more than one visit is required to allow inspections by manufacturers and suppliers in order of correctly identifying the nature of the fault.
- This Service Guarantee covers Labour and Materials in the event of faults that are caused by the inappropriate use of products and materials or an inappropriate preparation of the wood floor installation.
- Every wood floor installation service provided by the Company comes with a 2 years guarantee. Every wood floor restoration service comes with 3 months guarantee.
- The Company has the right to apply limitations on the Company’s Service Guarantee for wood floor restoration services on floors that are originally not installed by the Company.
Service Guarantee – Limitations and Exemptions
- Service Guarantee is not provided for services not paid in full on completion as per final invoices.
- The Service Guarantee does not cover any damages made by a third-party service including leaks and dampness caused by a faulty appliance, increased air humidity, increased subfloor moisture levels, which appear after the installation of wooden floors.
- The Service Guarantee does not cover works on floor coverings at the end of their usability time, including engineered wood floors with a reduced thickness of the top layer.
- The Service Guarantee for laminate floors and LVT flooring is limited to the guarantee provided by the materials’ manufacturer. The Company only covers service and material faults for accessories within 3 months of the installation of the floor.
- The Service Guarantee does not cover gap filling with resin filler on original pine floorboards and other floorboards without a tongue-and-groove fitting system.
- Any work undertaken by the Company is covered by Public Liability Insurance. Employers Liability Insurance, Treatment Risk Insurance for private dwellings, offices, restaurants, and hospitals.
Works Under CIS
- To book a service with the company, all contractors working under CIS should raise a Purchase Order received by email or hardcopy.
- Payments are received against CIS Pro-Forma invoice produced by FlooringFirst! Services and invoice will be sent upon receiving a CIS Statement.
- Payments are required to be received within a maximum of 30 days from sending a Pro-forma invoice.
- If a CIS Statement is not received within 45 days of invoicing, the balance between the Standard Invoice and CIS Invoice will be automatically registered for collection by CCJ as a late payment.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are a subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.